This is your chance to tell your story. All good stories have a structure so whether you are submitting entries for outstanding group initiatives or as an organisation, remember to structure your entry along the following lines:
Beginning: How did your idea come about or when did you decide to implement it?
Middle: What did you do to get there? Give examples demonstrating why your initiative worked and how you got there
End: What were the results and what makes your organisation or your initiative stand out?
To ensure that your submission is your best work, take a look at our hints and tips below before you start your entry:
- Make a note of the deadline: you must submit your entry by Friday 15 June 2018 so make sure you have this date in mind – write it in your diary or on your calendar, or set notifications on your phone to ensure you don't miss the chance to enter your excellent work
- Preparation is key: now that you know the deadline, allow yourself plenty of time to write, develop and submit your entry – coming back to it with a fresh pair of eyes can help you remember important details that may make the difference between being shortlisted and just missing out
- Make the judges' job easy: write in clear, plain English, avoid jargon and use bullet points where appropriate to break up the text
- Pay attention to grammar and spelling: poorly presented entries lack credibility so don't lose out on being shortlisted on something you could have easily avoided
- Involve the right people: if your work was a team effort, involve the other team members in developing the entry – you've got this far through teamwork so make it count
- Proofread, proofread, proofread: ask someone else, such as a colleague, friend or manager, to look through your entry before you submit. It can be helpful to ask someone who was not directly involved in the work you are entering – like the judges, they will not have detailed knowledge, so they may suggest ways to clarify your entry
Don't miss your chance to win a Nursing Times Award. Entries are now open and you have until Friday 29 June to submit a winning application.
Hopefully you'll find an answer to any questions here. If not, please contact Ella McGregor on 020 3953 2907 or email Ella.McGregor@emap.com.