The Nursing Times Workforce Awards recognise and reward the excellent work that is being done by you and your employer to support the nursing and midwifery workforce. Co-located with our Nursing Times Workforce Summit, this event inspires and rewards organisations for excellence in supporting the future of the health and care workforce.
Ensuring a sustainable workforce fit for the future is the responsibility of all nurse leaders, making this event the best opportunity to position your organisation as an excellent place to work.
Winning a Nursing Times Workforce Award not only provides you and your team with the recognition you deserve at a gala evening celebrating your achievements, but also a host of other benefits that you might not realise:
What can winning a Nursing Times Workforce Award do for you and your team?
- Be part of an elite crowd of award winners: join the Nursing Times Workforce Award winners’ club, we don’t give out awards to just anyone!
- Make a name for you and your organisation: gain recognition for your innovative approach to recruitment and workforce management
- Share best practice and help improve the profession: help to improve the image of nursing and midwifery and attract more people into the profession
- Recognise your potential: everyone needs validation at times and what better way to confirm that you and your team are doing an excellent job
- Network with high-level nurses: meet some of the most important figures in the nursing community and get recognised for your work
Don’t miss your chance to win a Nursing Times Workforce Award. Entries are now open and you have until Friday 30 June 2023 to submit a winning application.
Reasons to enter
1. Showcase your achievements and innovations to the wider industry and position your organisation as a great place to work
2. Get your entries in front of our esteemed panel of judges for independent recognition
3. Gain extensive coverage across the magazine and social media before, during and after the event
4. Celebrate success across your business and project teams, reward outstanding work and boost team morale
5. Gain a competitive edge when it comes to attracting and retaining workforce in your organisation
Our prestigious judges feature some of the top figures in the health and care profession alongside several past award winners.
They will assess your work in a rigorous judging process, reading and scoring each individual entry carefully to determine our 2023 shortlist. In most cases, the shortlist will then be debated by judges at a virtual roundtable to ultimately decide our winner.
However, finalists for the following categories only, will be required to attend a face-to-face presentation and interview with our esteemed judging panel to determine the winners. They are:
- Nurse Manager of the Year
- Manager of the Year (non-clinical)
- Workforce Team of the Year
- Best UK Employer of the Year for Nursing Staff
- Diversity and Inclusion Champion of the Year
- Best Social Responsibility Programme
- Best Use of Workplace Technology
This judging will take place from 11 – 13 October 2023 at our central London office:
emap Publishing Ltd
13 – 15 Bouverie Street,
The judges dedicate their time and energy to the awards, with many returning to help us every year. We want to say a huge thank you to our judging panel for their hard work.
Hints and tips
Our panel of judges have provided some tips to help you when submitting your entry. Please take note of the information below
- Stick to the word limits
- Don’t repeat yourself
- Be specific
- Keep it simple and put the facts…don’t fill with things you don’t need. Bullets points can help provide the clear points
- Tell a story, use the summary box to do this. It’s a great way to introduce your entry to the judges
- If you’re re-submitting your initiative, ensure your entry highlights developments since the previous year. The judges will want to see growth
- Use up-to-date evidence
- Answer the questions asked, don’t go off topic
- Work with communication teams within your trust to help write the application
- Remember there is no right or wrong answer
Always back up your entry with relevant evidence, examples of some evidence judges want to see are below:
- Feedback - patient/ staff
- Quality of life scores
- Patient stories
- Try to condense you pieces of evidence into five documents.
Why not read more about the 2022 finalists, click here to take a look.
Hopefully you'll find an answer to your question below. If not, please contact
020 3953 2633
To view the criteria, create your account, or login with your email and password used to create your account if you have already done so. Select ‘Enter Now’ against the category you wish to view where the criteria will be displayed. If you wish to start your entry at this point any information you add will be autosaved and you can login to complete the rest of the entry at any time.
Enter the email address and password that you used when you first started your entry on the log in page, you will then be taken through to your dashboard and will be able to continue your entry.
You can enter another category by selecting the category you wish to enter from the ‘Categories’ section.
Please contact Joshua Griggs on 020 3953 2633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org